Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SadSoyBeans

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my otocinclus was stuck in a fake plant for at most an hour, i didnt quite notice it getting stuck, but anyways helped him get out and i see a white bump on top of its neck not sure if its ich. 1503630070120.jpg

Parameters: now im sorry about this but i dont have any test strips cause i ran out and the last time, and the readings were all in the safe range, i did a 25% water change after that, now 5 days later this happened

Tank mates:
2 otocinclus
2 khuli loaches
1 mystery snail
6 black skirt tetras
I know its a bit crowded and they arent fully grown so it will be good for a while, and i know that khuli loaches like to be in larger groups but they seem happy and they are eating well.

I dont have a quarantine tank so idk what to do, none of the other fish are stressed, whould ich afect them too? Why should i do???

That is a tough pic but if I had to guess I would say it is damage.

That spot looks like a small abraisian to me, not ick. The location of the spot is a prime area for a scrape. Considering your other fish show no symptoms by now, likely not ick.
Your fish might have other problems. Most healthy fish don't get stuck in the decor. Keep watch and if you see additional white spots check back in to AA for treatment suggestions. Good luck.

That spot looks like a small abraisian to me, not ick. The location of the spot is a prime area for a scrape. Considering your other fish show no symptoms by now, likely not ick.
Your fish might have other problems. Most healthy fish don't get stuck in the decor. Keep watch and if you see additional white spots check back in to AA for treatment suggestions. Good luck.
Thanks for that, would it heal by itself?

I beleve it will heal naturally as long as you keep the tank clean and the fish continues to eat. My fish get those types of scrapes often and they usually heal with no problems.

Back
Top Bottom