Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Langer0090

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_1656.jpg
I’m not sure if this is ich or not could someone help me?

Tank parameters are ph6.8 nitrite 0 nitrate 0 ammonia 0 temp is 81.1 there are two other good rams and some tetras, cories, angelfish, and pleco. 75 gallon planted aquarium

No more spots today they have stayed the same for a few days now

Prob not ich then, it usually progresses pretty fast. Could be fungal or bacterial then. I'd watch it closely for another day or two and see if it progresses

Could also be a physical wound that is healing. A nip from another fish, for example

Its fungus, I've seen it specifically with Rams, tail is starting to deteriorate as well
How old is the tank?

Your other post on angefish looks sick, it's maybe the same issue. The pictures in that thread, how often do you gravel vac?

I bought the tank on Black Friday I moved all bio media including gravel from my 20 gallon. My 20 gallon had about 5-6 inches of gravel so a lot of bio there. But I added more gravel and I do gravel vac and 30-50% water changes every 7-9 days. Will that fungus spread to other fish then?

So the tank is just over a month old I moved all fish from 20 gallon into this which is a 75 gallon have ended up donating a few fish and getting different ones everything except the rams and some tetras have been in ever since. But like I said in the other thread I did recently have my heater malfunction and my tank dropped 9 degrees overnight it is now back up to regular temp but I think it has something to do with that?

I have 7 emperor tetras and 2 Congo tetras in there but no loaches I have 5 plecos not common plecos the smaller varieties and I have a Raphael catfish that also looks very sli, granted I don’t always see him suppose he could’ve been like that for a while

If no to those fish, get some Kordon rid ich plus or Hikari ich-x and treat according to directions. If it's a fungus that med will knock it right out. If it's bacterial, you might have to use antibiotics like Api furan-2 or E.m.erythromycin. both work really well. Try the fungus med first tho. Fungus/ich med is rough on those aquatic friends i listed, so you'll have to use a half dose

Does that damage plants at all? And would it benefit me to reset up my 20 gallon as a qt and put them in there to treat?

Lol question answered thank you for your advice I will look at my lfs for some fungal treatment

Won't hurt plants, and yes, definitely on the 20g. It'll be cheaper to treat them in there also. Just keep the water changed like the directions say and make sure you don't get ammonia or nitrites spikes

I do have Cory cats though so will the ich x poorly effect them?

Back
Top Bottom