Id on algea plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moobs99

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys iv had the 2nd hand set up since dec/13 and for the past 2 months i have been battling a very bad algea problem, ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402168215.493822.jpg could i get an id and a way yo remove it plz, iv taken all the sand out and had a 3 day black out but it came back
Latests tests are
Phos 0 ( false )
Nitrates 0.2 ( false)
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Ph 8
Cal 450
Kh 10
Phos and nitrates iv put false next to as i beleive the algea is giving me a false reading, i use salifert test kits

I think its dinos but do not no the beat way to treat it! Iv read that Fauna Marin Ultra Algae X is very good at getting rid of this crap

I hate chemicals cause more problems than good IMO
this can be corrected with water changes alone
Looks like cayno
best to battle it with bigger water changes to lower phosphates and lighten up on feedings
when you siphon out water and suck it out off the sand and rocks
with my first tank I went through this I did 50% water change than did a second 50% water change back to back to get as much as I could out these 2 water changes will also help lower the phosphates a lot that are fueling your algae than do 10% water changes daily till your issue is resolved you will go through a lot of salt but the outcome will be worth it
once your back to normal continue with 10% weekly water changes from there on out and you most likely will not see that ugly algae again as long as you don't over feed
once you get it back in control your coral should start looking better also
good luck

I should have said tank is 200lts and for 3 weeks i was doing a 25lt wc every 2 days, it seem to fuel the bloody stuff, i moved the tabk the other week took out the sand, cleaned all the rock in RO and added 80% new water, looked ok for 2 days then bam back again

forgot to ask are you using tap water or RO/DI water
if its tap that s prob the source of your phosphates

test that water see if it has phosphates before adding it to tank if so I recommend you find another source

Back
Top Bottom