ID Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaman99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I went and got the tank I bought today.

Upon arriving I noticed several of these guys on the LR.

What are they? Are they pests? If so, how to I get rid of them?

Attachments

• WhatIsThis.jpg
    WhatIsThis.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 71
They soft or hard? The look like urchins, but I may be mistaken.

EDIT- I can't tell, the picture is too small but the appear to be mouths at the center of each cluster, maybe some anemone. You really need a bigger more well-lit picture.

I agree a bigger picture would help. Maybe putting it on photobucket se we can view it as usploaded.

It does look like an anemone, possibly aitptasia (bad).

get some kalkwasser and mix it up into a thick paste. suck it up in a syringe(without the steel needle) and turn off all flow in the tank.
squirt a glob right in the mouth of each anemone, then when they close up, squirt another glob on top of the balled up creature.

get some kalkwasser and mix it up into a thick paste. suck it up in a syringe(without the steel needle) and turn off all flow in the tank.
squirt a glob right in the mouth of each anemone, then when they close up, squirt another glob on top of the balled up creature.

My vote is or aiptasia as well. This is a good suggestion for getting rid of them. I used Joe's Juice in the past with great success which is basically Kalk paste.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom