Id please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found this guy about 2 weeks ago but he looked like a little sea slug thing now I just watched him stretch right out any idea what it is?

Attachments

• image-1065134766.jpg
    image-1065134766.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 190
Anyone got any ideas? Here is another pic of it when it's small

Attachments

• image-4193352361.jpg
    image-4193352361.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 164
The only other thing that comes to mind is a sea cucumber. There are a number of species that have fleshy outgrowths, and they certainly can expand and contract. Does it have an array of tentacles at the mouth end?

Tony

It's got tenticles all over but it got 4 long ones at the front that are sorta clear with a tint of blue and orange tips

Looks like a nudibranch an they eat zoa I pulled something similar out of my tank and my zoas all fully opened the next they they stayed shut before

Not all nudibranches eat zoas. Again, I would watch it. If nothing is harmed, then leave it alone. Why people are so quick to kill things they don't know or understand is beyond me.
Isn't that the complete opposite of what we are trying to do here?

I haven't got rid of it yet it just hangs around one of my rocks it's not harming anything I sorta like it

Just think of it this way- You have a creature that's very rare to the hobby. There's a possibility that no one else has it!

Back
Top Bottom