Id this fish please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tadpole1567

Aquarium Advice Activist
Not sure what this guy/girl is but my sister added it to my tank. Seems to just stay at the bottom and dart around looking for food. Never goes to the top.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1404878533297.jpg
    1404878533297.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 1404878604620.jpg
    1404878604620.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 114
Okay great thank you lol. Do you know if he/she will be aggressive towards my angel fish at all? Or just a bottom feeder.

They are peaceful bottom feeders, but may eat small fish that will fit in its mouth if the catfish can catch them.

They won't bother larger fish but will willingly consume smaller species. They are social so depending on tank size, I'd add two more.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have a 38 gallon with some angels a few plecos and two orange tetras. My sister decided to add him. I do daily water changes as it is but not sure if adding two more would overload my tank. I've got two filters as well.

If the Tetras fit in it's mouth it will eat them. Ask your Sister not to add fish without research. The store might sell her anything.

Pictus get 3-5" in aquariums. VERY active swimmers. Big tanks recommended. Also social cats. Thus groups are recommended.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+1163+933&pcatid=933

http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=276

Their activity level may annoy Angels and single Pictus may pine away.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you haha been awhile since I've been on. Rehomed the tetras and a few angels and added one more of the pictus catfish. I must say they grow fast and are very interesting to watch. My other angels don't seem bothered by them at all

Back
Top Bottom