Id this fish please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmcpeek

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anybody know what this is? I got it from a friend who didn't know what it was either.

Attachments

• pic_015.jpg
    pic_015.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 109
Fluff, that is what I found the closest to be except the spots are blue. Can't find anything on it.

I believe there is a blue spotted goby as well but haven't ever seen one myself. I'll see what I can find.

Ok, from what I can find, the blue spot is also called the wheeler's goby (Amblyeleotris wheeleri). The only pic I could find looks like yours but the colors were way more intense. So, possibly. :?

The one I have is almost transparent. A little yellowy. Almost like the color of a glow in the dark sticker when in light with small blue spots. There are 4 bands on it but they are not very pronounced

I'm sorry, I'm out of ideas. All I can say is it looks like some sort of shrimp goby. Hopefully someone else will have more ideas.

Its defintly a watchmen, i have two that are breeding and the one i assume to be the male was at first yellow but has changed completly to look like the one in the picture.

Attachments

• mini-close_up_grey_watchmen.jpg
    mini-close_up_grey_watchmen.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom