Ideas for a 15g trank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KTpoopenstein

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 15g tall (13x13x19 WxDxH) currently stocked with:

1 sunset platy
1 peppered cory
6 serpae tetra

Amazon swords
Cardinal plants
Water wisteria
Java fern

I have a small buildup of what I think is brown algae on the air tubing and in my filter so I'm looking for something that can keep that in check as well as take care of any plant detritus and leftover food. What would y'all suggest?

I also have a piece if driftwood soaking right now that will probably go in the tank in the next week or so (I just got it today) if that makes any difference...

Er...that should be "tank" obviously...somehow autocorrect didn't catch that...

how long has the tank been set up? brown algae is common in new tanks and will go away on its own. i would get a couple more cories they prefer to be in groups :)

+1 on the corries and you could add a couple nerites they would clean that up

how long has the tank been set up? brown algae is common in new tanks and will go away on its own. i would get a couple more cories they prefer to be in groups :)

I initially set it up in March, but have had some major issues thanks to disease from petco and a LFS. The algae appeared probably 2 months ago. How long does it generally take to go away?

As for more cories, I've thought about getting a few more but I'd also need to upgrade my filter based on aqadvisor's recommendation. I have a whisper 20 hob filter right now and adding 3 more cories (they suggest 4 minimum) would put me over filter capacity. Thoughts?

Ummm I think you would be fun just make sure you stay on top of water changes

I also haven't seen any lately at the LFS that I haven't had any issues with. Of the 7 fish I've gotten from the same LFS that I got the one cory from, he's the only survivor - everyone else was dead within 2 weeks...I'm just a little wary about buying from them again...

all of the cories ive got and mixed still shoal together so if you cant find that kind you could try a different kind. i would also get the platy a fried :) just make sure its the same sex! unless you want lots and lots of babies

Back
Top Bottom