Ideas plzzz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind? Like what is one fish you like? I have a peacock eel in my 20 g.

You could get some of those in your 20 I wouldn't put those in anything less. My balloon belly just had fry yesterday and I have a preggo sunburst platy

Awe any other Ideas for other tanks plz friend account these tanks are surprises for her she loves fish and knows a lot bout them plz help I'm clueless

You could put a really retry betta in the 5.5 I am not sure out any of the other tanks since they are so small. Maybe someone else will help wiht he smaller ones

In the 3G and the 3.6 you could do killifish , then in the other tanks shrimp and snails.

Ideas for 20g 5.5g 3g 1g 3.6g 1/2g plzzz

It isn't really as easy as getting a tank and adding fish. The tanks need to cycle or else the fish could suffer. YOu might want to just give your friend the tanks and let her decide if she wants to do anything with them. Here's more info for you: Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

For a 20 gal there's a good number of options but you can't really just fully stock the tank without it being cycled. By Balloon Bellies I guess you mean balloon mollys? You could do 2-3 mollys and 2-3 platys.

For the 5.5 gal: a single betta or a school of 6 nano fish like ember tetra, chili rasbora or celestial pearl danio. Or some endler's livebearers. Or a single dwarf puffer.

For the 3 and 3.6 gals maybe some small shrimp. Nothing in the 1 or 1/2, too small for any living thing really.

Thank you so much and I know I really wanna do this for her tho so I'm gunna cycle too

Awe any other Ideas for other tanks plz friend account these tanks are surprises for her she loves fish and knows a lot bout them plz help I'm clueless

It's really not a good idea to pick out fish for another person's tanks. You can always give her a gift certificate for the local fish store so that she can pick out her own. Picking out fish is like picking out dogs. It's really a personal decision.

LyndaB said:
It's really not a good idea to pick out fish for another person's tanks. You can always give her a gift certificate for the local fish store so that she can pick out her own. Picking out fish is like picking out dogs. It's really a personal decision.

I agree completely! Sorry to be a buzz kill, but I've had people give me fish before, and as a tank owner, I like to choose my own fish. It's not that I'm ungrateful for the thought, it's just that I like to see the personality of the fish and evaluate the coloration to be sure that I like the fish before I even consider buying...it's a pet that you will have to take care of for a long time, and you don't want someone to be stuck with a fish that they don't like or that isn't right for their tank

polson15 said:

It's not the end of the road! You could always take your friend with you to choose the fish and just pay for what she chooses, you can surprise her with the gift of fish, but just let her choose which ones she wants...

Back
Top Bottom