Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BWII

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can someone tell me what exactly this is? Probably a hybrid of some sort but I picked a couple up at my local shop and their tank was labeled "parrots".

Thanks!

Attachments

• image-3358101800.jpg
    image-3358101800.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 127
Looks like a blood parrot cichlid to me. It is a hybrid, but a pretty common one. A quick google search should help you learn more about them. :)

To me looks like his face looks more like a blood parrot than a severum to me...

Could be wrong, though. Also thought it made more sense since the tank was labeled parrots.

Sorry for the delay! Still got them though, here's a few more pics...

image-367277629.jpg

image-3292238098.jpg

image-2541181009.jpg

image-577293494.jpg

Pretty sure at this point they r blood parrot cichlid hybrids... Like a cross between a convict and a blood parrot or something like that, I did my research... I appreciate all of the feedback!

Definitely not a kissing gourami. Looks too tall to be one.

I can't seem to decide whether I think it's a severum or a parrot. Kinda looks like a cross between one... lol. Has more of the body of a severum, but the mouth of a parrot.

Short bodied pink Amatitlania nigrofasciata, well sort of. They are hybrids, basically a pink convict and a blood parrot crossed...aka jelly bean parrot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom