If you have VHO or PC and want to see your Corals go crazy:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
are we talking about the white stuff with 1/2inch squares or what. I was wondering how if I took my glass off for ph problems how i would keep yellow goby in tank now I think I know just got to get right stuff.

I which you guys would put all the new points like this and the ones about play sand, and how to test sand with vinagar in one big post. I was at my sisters and could barly see lights cleaned glass and put them back.

Told her about the sand and base rock seeding with LR she went to same store as me they didnt help with any of this stuff taniks again for this site.

You can also use the eggcrate to close off the back of your canopy. This leaves the top of the water totally open will still keeping the fish in the tank.

Squishy

Just curious..After the crate is put on do i have to raise my PC's to avoid build up on the light fixture and if I do have to raise it a little any suggestion as to what I can use? TIA

No you do not have to raise your lights.

NJDevilsWinCup,
This works for flouresceant lighting, it does not work with MH. The lights don't actually become more powerful, the eggcrate focuses the light and basically makes more of the light enter the tank, rather than reflect off the surface of the water.

Where did you buy your egg crate? if it was at lowes or someplace like that can you give me a part #? And to think I just went and bought glass tops cause the plastic ones look like trash. :roll:

Dang I don't have a hd close, I hate lowes but I guess I'll have to try them. What sizedoes it come? and how big are the openings? I mean how big do i need to get cause I'm sure it comes in different openings.

The ones at Home depot came in 2x4 size. I haven't measured the opening size yet.

How are you supposed to lift the front for feeding and that sort of thing? Do you have to cut it somehow?

Thanks for pointing out the eggcrate pic link oversight earlier in the thread, and, the tank w/eggcrate pics.

Good question hypo, guess there is always a compromise in these things. :)

Also, somebody asked about a reflector earlier in the thread. Maybe a metal fab shop could help you out if you wanted your own reflector made. A freind of mine told me how wiil cut metal etc to spec and then they even polish it according to needs. - just a thought.

8O LOL i guess you could do that centurion. Hehe. However i have to say that the live black worms that i feed my fish stick to my fingers so it could get a little messy and they might just end up plastered all over the eggcrate.
Point taken in general...and funny too.

you could also cut 2 pieces and have a front/back or left/right so that you could remove one piece to feed. i considered 2 panels: a 3/4 back and 1/4 front, so i could remove the front to feed, water change, etc. if i remember ill snap a pic of one of my tanks that uses eggcrate. i have the coralife aqualight on the legs, so it stands above the top and it wasnt neccessary to use two parts.

I simply raise the egg crate off the top of my tank and place it to the side during feeding, in tank maintenance, etc... Its easy to remove and place back.

Back
Top Bottom