I'm a new member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taniar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I have been looking for advise I set up a 94 l river reef marine tank at Christmas filled it with live rock and went through a cycle then I added my clean up crew then slowly added 2x clown fish regal tang yellow tang gamma and a watchmen goby everything was going great until I added the regal tang which came out with white spot I tried to treat the tank with a copper free treatment but everything thing died the only thing which was ok was my cuc and goby the pet shop is now treating my goby with copper so I can leave my tank empty of fish for 2 weeks all that's in there now is live rock and soft coral abit nervouse to add more fish incase this happens again

taniar said:
Hi I have been looking for advise I set up a 94 l river reef marine tank at Christmas filled it with live rock and went through a cycle then I added my clean up crew then slowly added 2x clown fish regal tang yellow tang gamma and a watchmen goby everything was going great until I added the regal tang which came out with white spot I tried to treat the tank with a copper free treatment but everything thing died the only thing which was ok was my cuc and goby the pet shop is now treating my goby with copper so I can leave my tank empty of fish for 2 weeks all that's in there now is live rock and soft coral abit nervouse to add more fish incase this happens again

Leave your tank fishless for at least six weeks, you want to make sure the Ick is gone. This would be a good time to get a hospital/QT set up to. :)

Back
Top Bottom