im so happy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
i got 3 crayfish on like friday. one died on sat. when i came home today one was *dead*. i flushed the *carcass* and looked and mourned for my *dead* crayfish. except the *last* crayfish looked bigger. i looked under the log and low and behold the 2nd crayfish. one of my crayfish molted!

roscoe 20 mins frmo rockford 90 mins from chicago 10 mins from beloit (estimation)

You think it is a joke amongst shellfish that molt?

The first time I ever saw my peppermint shrimp molt I swore he had died of starvation. I was sooo bummed and a few minutes later I saw a very much alive shrimp scamping across the tank. I'm sure if he could, he would have had a good giggle at my expense.

maybe. scientifically they molt so they can grow bigger. like a new shirt u grow out of and rip it open and just save up money for a new shirt. i guess if u think of it they do molt alot. and they just leave their shells behind. what got me going is there was this gel on the thingy. i thought it would be like dry and all caroteen

krap101 said:
maybe. scientifically they molt so they can grow bigger. like a new shirt u grow out of and rip it open and just save up money for a new shirt. i guess if u think of it they do molt alot. and they just leave their shells behind. what got me going is there was this gel on the thingy. i thought it would be like dry and all caroteen

Molting...yeah that must be why my close don't fit; and here I just thought I was getting fat. :lol: :lol:

krap101 said:
:) nice discus is it? in ur sig
Thanks.
But no, it is a Redheaded Cichlid (aka Quetzal Cichlid, aka Vieja Synspilum.)
She was sold as a pink convict, but once I got her home, the colors really came out and I knew she was no convict. Of course, I came here for help with the identification. Glasstapper suggested vieja syspilum and once I saw some pictures, I knew she was right on the money. Check out my gallery for a closer look.

ic dumb plants 8P.

my 2nd crayfish molted today. im happier now that their about the same size and they will prolly leave eachother alone because their almost equal.

the *carcass* i flushed now i know i shouldnt of because they need the calcium.

i got a bamboo shrimp today. it was 5.99 but i saved 60 cents because of my pals card. now petco and my lfs are my main suppliers because petsmart hired some meaner people :evil:

Back
Top Bottom