Images not allowed in Signature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dapellegrini

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In my profile it says that Images are not allowed. Is this a new change in policy? Seems like I have read that they are allowed, but I have tested mine and it will NOT allow me to use one.

Also, before I get myself in trouble, I would like to add a logo to my Signature line for our local aquarium club here in AZ, of which I am a member. Is this prohibited use of the signature line? Here it is:

aape_sig.jpg

I did a search and could not find what I was looking for, but would be surprised if these questions haven't already been asked. Thanks in advance...

That is allowed AFAIK, so you are not in any trouble. The only way to get these things to work in your sig line is to have the image hosted on another server.

This is what it says at left when I go into my Signature line in my profile:

Signature Text:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
There is a 1500 character limit; images are not allowed.
In addition, signatures can only be 12 lines long.

???

From the UA:
1) Signature pictures.

Signature pictures are allowed, but must be no larger than 350 X 125 (pixels) and 15 KB in file size. Sig pics must also be tasteful and conform to a family friendly atmosphere. What is "tasteful and family friendly" will be determined soley by the administration and moderators of this site.

Does your pic fall into this category?

It is hosted on another server (personal web space), 14kb, 300px wide and 76px high...

I would think it fits the rule, though I obviously don't have final say on that...

I have added the img code back to my sig and it displays as a link... Something perhaps at the admin level that has removed this privilege from my account?

Thanks for your help!

I'm not aware of admins removing sig privelages from individual accounts but hopefully Kevin or Aaron can shed some light on the matter.

Forgive me if this is stating the obvious, but the signature image is not supposed to be in the sig text, right? Go to Edit your Profile, and 2 lines above the Signature Text box there should be a line saying "Upload a signature image from your machine:"
Is that not showing up for you? (also, I believe that it is then hosted on an AA server; at least I don't remember hosting my own...)

You have set to not allow images to be seen by your profile. If you pick that sig images ARE allowed then you will see OTHERS sig images.

Sig images are uploaded to our site via the profile link as the member above has specified.

Huh... I have always had the option to see others signature lines on. Still says that Images are not allowed, but I got it to work by uploading the image using that control. I was trying to use the
Code:
[img]...[/img]
and that does not seem to work.

Thanks for the help.

Any way of wrapping the image with a -URL- tag?

Code:
Any way of wrapping the image with a -URL- tag?

No that would open us up to vulnerabilities.

Back
Top Bottom