Immediate Help Please! High Nitrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say do one more since I've seen others say below 20 ppm is ideal for nitrates. That way you have a little room to breathe instead of being at the limit essentially. For your back, I really would say go ahead and get a Python. I know you said your partner doesn't want tubes all over the house. It would be one long tube and would be unhooked after probably half an hour at the most. I won't try to convince you that you HAVE to get one, but I feel it would benefit you greatly to have one. Maybe discuss it with your partner and try to work something out?

I'm trying !!!! I want a python this 5g bucket system sucks
- is 0ppm ok or should there be some? The 27g has no live plants and the 40g has 15 live plants. The 40g is the 20ppm +/-

Live plants need nitrates. If there are none, it might be okay. Your tank also might not be fully cycled with 0 ppm. Watch all your levels in that one. As for the Python, if you can, great. You'll probably enjoy fish more if you aren't killing yourself every time you have to water change.

Well the 40g is probably ok with 20ppm
The 27g is cycled and has 0 everything- WC brought down nitrates to 0 it was 20ppm

bkiggy said:
Well the 40g is probably ok with 20ppm
The 27g is cycled and has 0 everything- WC brought down nitrates to 0 it was 20ppm

I agree. 20ppm in a planted tank is perfectly normal. Above that can be iffy though. Good work bkiggy!

I went through the same thing with hauling water. My Python was the best thing I could've gotten. Just measure how long of a hose you'll need to comfortably get from a sink to the tanks before you order and you'll be in heaven.

Big water changes and maybe if that doesn't fix get nitrate decreaser

Back
Top Bottom