In light of...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psyhampster

Aquarium Advice Addict
the recent heater disaster in my 30 gal, I have some restocking choices. What I'm thinking is to move the Loaches and Danios down from the 20 gal, and get the Loaches another buddy or 2. Then, I think I'll turn the 20 into a livebearer tank. I'll expand the platy population(add a few females) and then add some guppies(move up from 30 maybe) and/or Mollies or Swords. I'll leave the Ram in there for a bit of population control, and possibly add an Algea Eater. Just kinda throwing these Ideas out, tell me what you think or any of your other ideas.

platys and guppies are a yes for me...i wouldnt bother with the mollies in a 20...they are really nice but a 20 isnt enough room for a whole bunch of babies, unless you are able to give or sell them

greenmaji said:
Im not up on the disaster.. what passed?
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?p=472438#472438

mr86mister said:
i wouldnt bother with the mollies in a 20...they are really nice but a 20 isnt enough room for a whole bunch of babies, unless you are able to give or sell them

There is still some room left in the 30 gal, even with the proposed moves. And when the population got too large for that, I know a LFS that may take them. If not, well, there are plenty of chiclid keepers around here :?

your proposed 30g is almost identical to mine. I have 6 danios and 4 yoyos, plus 3 dwarf gouramis (1 m, 2 f) and I find it to be a very nice tank! It's between moderately and heavily planted, and it looks really cool. I'm understocked, kind of, but with the danios and yoyos swimming all over, it's pretty active.

mr86mister said:
platys and guppies are a yes for me...i wouldnt bother with the mollies in a 20...they are really nice but a 20 isnt enough room for a whole bunch of babies, unless you are able to give or sell them

You'll get babies, no matter what! :wink:

I like the idea of swords, if you wish to stay with all livebearers. They are cool fish.

Back
Top Bottom