In need of a new bulb!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ceej

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is my current hood. Yes, I'm quite limited, but also don't want to spend $90 on a new Coralife lol. What bulbs could I use to help my ferns and anubias? I wish I wasn't so limited :banghead: Lol! Currently, I have the 24'' T8 8700k 17w single tube that came with it.

Attachments

• gtrtfhgrt.jpg
    gtrtfhgrt.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 47
120 volt 20 watt 60 hz is what it says in case its too small to read. If anyone has a suggestion for a totally different lighting setup that's reasonably cheap, I'd appreciate that, too. (y)

For those, about any bulb will do that's of the 'daylight' variety. The 'cool' T8's from walmarts lighting section that are ~$3 do well IME

I think I'll head to Walmart tomorrow and pick up a bulb. Worth a shot! If my plants don't really change any, what would you think about this Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting

I think a T5HO fixture would drive you crazy... those plants are low light plants and you'd be wasting money and probably battling algae for nothing... JMO of course. Now if you wanted to expand your plant selection, this is what I'd suggest you get. I've got 2 of their fixtures currently, had 5 and sold 3 of them when I downsized.

If I bought a T5HO, I'd get more plants to suit the lighting. I was trying to stay under $50, which I know is tough to do in this hobby! There's the 96w Odyssea for $70 I'd most likely get if I was to jump into that price range. But if I upgraded my plant selection, would the 48w T5HO work without an algae outbreak?

On a quick side note, your 40g fw breeder that you put a vid up last June looks awesome. That's my goal; to have a nice planted tank like that!

Back
Top Bottom