Inexpensive lighting source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DocOc

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need to save as much money as I can in purchasing an 96W 18" Power Compact light. Where's the best place for such a thing? (I am willing to put it together myself if need-be)
I'm thinking 96W will do me fine. I have a 30gal hex that needs good light penetration to get my plants going.
I'm going for a DIY CO2 source at this point.

Have you tried looking at hardware store fixtures that might meet your needs? Shoplights wouldn't do so well on a 30 hex, but an outdoor spotlight might. PC is going to run you a bit more.

hellolights.com is where I order my complete fixtures from, and I knw they carry the 'quad' 96w bulb/fixture that you're after.

I checked out hellolights.com. They look pretty good and have WAY better prices than my LFS.
Thanks folks!

I hate to say it but I bought a jebo light off of my favoriteonline auction site. and its been great. cheap and easy

Believe it or don't I found a 96w quad pc with 6500k bulb desk lamp at the orange big box home place the other day which should easily adapt to a tank fixture.

doc I have a 96 watt 18 " kit I"ll let go for half price... but it is bulbless

i have the reflector the ballast ect. just the bulb broke. I was only used for a few months.

figure out what half price is and email me.

it is a hellolights kit.. so just look theirs up, subtract the cost of the bulb you will need to buy, divide the rest in half.. and that's what I'll sell mine for. (plus shipping)

Back
Top Bottom