Inserting active sponge media!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis32

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey eveyone again. Quick question. I am receiving an active sponge from aquatic store. Where should I put the active sponge into my HOB Marineland Emperor 400 filter? By looking at the picture, should I put the sponge to the left of the blue filter cartridge or to the right of the blue filter cartridge? Also, the grey media container that is pictured here has absolutely nothing in it and I don't use it, can that be pulled out to make more room for the sponge or should I really leave it in there? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G360P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1438201174379.jpg
    1438201174379.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 46
You can take one of the grey cartridges out and cut the sponge to fit in that space.
The gray cartridges are designed to hold chemical media such as carbon, zeolite or crushed coral. The gray cartridge that is in the filter can be filled with ceramic biomedia for addition biological filtration. This would be helpful if you decide to not run the biowheels on that filter.
Or you could run four regular filter cartridges in there. Every few days to a week you could flush the outermost ones with tap water to keep them clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom