Inspiring 'scape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coursair

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is my club member's tank, NOT mine ( I wish).
Raymond put a lot of work into this, but I wanted to share it with you.
He calls it Gorillas in the Mist. Shrimps are coming soon :)
Tank is an ADA 90p ~48g

show3.jpg

The Moss is Fissidens and he used the method I mentioned, he did a emersed start using a reptile fogger and plastic wrap cover.

No I won't go over all the deets. You can find similar stuff on TPT if you want to read up on how to accomplish such amazing tanks.

Someday I hope to get this good ;)

Wow amazing!!!! He makes me want to go buy fissidens right now lol. Was this at sfbaaps?

Yeah, he's a club member who's been posting his progress.
I drool over some of my fellow member's tanks :)

His method is somewhat similar to this one I posted.

The Planted Tank (TPT) and APC both have lots of people posting about doing emersed or dry start set ups. Iwagumis are awesome ! His is more of a modified Iwagumi, but still I love the rocks.

This was not a cheap build, but worth every penny to end up so nice ;)
I hope it inspires some of our new planted tank enthusiasts.

Coursair said:
Yeah, he's a club member who's been posting his progress.
I drool over some of my fellow member's tanks :)

His method is somewhat similar to this one I posted.

The Planted Tank (TPT) and APC both have lots of people posting about doing emersed or dry start set ups. Iwagumis are awesome !

His rocks are from Aqua Forest, so NOT a cheap set up, but worth it :)

Oh yah the meat grinder method. I thought thats what he had done. Im definitely going to try and make it to the next meeting

Wow. This tank is awesome. I wish I could get this good. Maybe someday. I'll buy a big tank and Just focus on the plants for a few months. Very beautiful.

MABJ said:
Wow. This tank is awesome. I wish I could get this good. Maybe someday. I'll buy a big tank and Just focus on the plants for a few months. Very beautiful.

I wish I had the patience and the resources and the skill ;)
I'm surprised at so few comments. Hope more people see this tank.

Coursair said:
I wish I had the patience and the resources and the skill ;)
I'm surprised at so few comments. Hope more people see this tank.

Definitely. Everything just seems to be in exactly the right place. IM jealous :)

Awesome tank,I have a moss set up in mind for the future. The fissidens will soon need constant attention to keep it that short. At the moment mine is about 3" tall and gets so thick that it requires weekly thinning and removing it from places I don't want it to keep it from totally overrunning the tank.

Gillie said:
Awesome tank,I have a moss set up in mind for the future. The fissidens will soon need constant attention to keep it that short. At the moment mine is about 3" tall and gets so thick that it requires weekly thinning and removing it from places I don't want it to keep it from totally overrunning the tank.

The tank owner knows ;)
He will maintain it. It's been growing for awhile. Water went in recently.

wow, that looks truly amazing. thats one awesome aquascape.

Absolutely stunning! I cant even begin to imagine how long this took! Did your friend ever say what shrimp he was going to stock it with?

Some plants grow better emersed a little, but kept moist. They develop better roots and carpet better. Not to mention they receive a higher degree of light.

Coursair said:
No algae. Fast growth. Look up Emersed or dry start planted tanks.

I have hheard of these methods but never knew much about them. The meat grinder moss method that u posted was a dry start correct?

Back
Top Bottom