"instant cycle"??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am just curious: If I had a new tank and set it up, and put the bio media from my established community tank into the new tank's filter, would I be good to begin stocking?

I wouldnt stock up right away. Your good bacteria still needs to produce more of its self now that its in a new tank

fishiefish51 said:
I wouldnt stock up right away. Your good bacteria still needs to produce more of its self now that its in a new tank

I meant begin stocking, (slowly add stock) so the bacteria does that. But if I take it from a larger tank that is more stocked than I plan to stock the current one, it should be good.

jetajockey said:
pretty much, yeah that's the idea. Transfer seeded media into a tank and rock with it. Still should stock lightly and test regularly to make sure that you don't get any spikes.

Ok, that's what I thought. Thanks. :) ("YES! No more boring waiting for my new tanks to cycle!" Lol)

maxwellag said:
I meant begin stocking, (slowly add stock) so the bacteria does that. But if I take it from a larger tank that is more stocked than I plan to stock the current one, it should be good.

Ok wasnt sure by when you ment stocking but doing that sounds great! Hope it goes well! just keep an eye on the water params

fishiefish51 said:
Ok wasnt sure by when you ment stocking but doing that sounds great! Hope it goes well! just keep an eye on the water params

Oh no, sorry I think you misunderstood. I don't have any tanks that new cycling right now... I was just wanting to know for the future, because hopefully my mom is going to let me get a twenty gallon tank from the petco dollar per gallon sale.

maxwellag said:
Oh no, sorry I think you misunderstood. I don't have any tanks that new cycling right now... I was just wanting to know for the future, because hopefully my mom is going to let me get a twenty gallon tank from the petco dollar per gallon sale.

Oh ok ok. No not a problem at all. When is this sale. Ive never heard of it?

fishiefish51 said:
Oh ok ok. No not a problem at all. When is this sale. Ive never heard of it?

It started yesterday, and I think it goes for a few weeks or a month. Basically it is only including tanks from 10-55 gallons. They have 20 longs and talls too. I really want to get a bigger tank. Lol

maxwellag said:
It started yesterday, and I think it goes for a few weeks or a month. Basically it is only including tanks from 10-55 gallons. They have 20 longs and talks too. I really want to get a bigger tank. Lol

I feel ya. I just dont have room for a bigger tank!! I wish i did!

Back
Top Bottom