Intestinal worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Apocalypse_Gold

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought some fish at my favorite lfs on saturday. (m+f swordtail, m+f guppy, 2 albino cory cats, and a neon blue rainbow) Less than 24 hours later I saw the female guppy floating around, barely able to swim :evil:. I humanely euthanized her and then realized there was something sticking out of her anus. I pulled on it with a pair of tweezers and discovered it was some kind if worm, red and about 1/2 inch long. My question is what treatment is recommended for intestinal worms? I am feeding the other fish jungle pepso food. Also, I have two otos in the tank and was wondering if they don't eat that food, are they likely to be a perpetual carrier of the worms?

this is all IMO, had what may be the same problem as yours, to red hump earth eaters male and female, mine did not have difficulty swimming however, but i noticed " worms" the same way your describing, after some research, i used medication to mix in thier food, cant find container, but its a powder in little clear caplets you pull apart, and mix into frozen food as it thaws. it irradicated my prob, will ckeck back tomorrow with the name of the med if someone else isn't able to put it up here, it is readily available at pet stores plz get a second opinion

Back
Top Bottom