Intro and pleco questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nigoodman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I'm new to the community! A little bit about myself I go to Stony Brook University and major in marine vertebrate biology. I have a very new 29 gallon freshwater tropical tank. Currently i have:
3 dwarf gouramis (1 male 2 female)
3 zebra dainos

Pictures of the tank are on my profile. I love fish and am excited to be making aquariums an at home hobby for myself.

Eventually in a few weeks i was thinking about getting a pleco but I know they can get to be large for a 29 gallon. I really love plecos though and would love to feed them cucumber and watch them clean the tank. Is it acceptable to get one or two? And if not are there any similar variations of the species you guys would reccomend?

You could do a Bristlenose pleco, Rio Negro pleco, or Bulldog pleco in a 29g. I have a Rio Negro which their max size is about 3". The in my 220g I have a Longfin Albino Bristlenose pleco.

You could do a Bristlenose pleco, Rio Negro pleco, or Bulldog pleco in a 29g. I have a Rio Negro which their max size is about 3". The in my 220g I have a Longfin Albino Bristlenose pleco.

Okay thank you so much! And how long should i wait if the tanks been running for a week and a half. Im thinking 2 and a half more weeks at least?

Back
Top Bottom