Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finny

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everybody. I am glad you are here. I need help along the way as a new fish tank owner of three months. Background information for me: I own a 5 gallon freshwater tank, filter, heater, one betta, one live plant. I have been having ph problems that I do need to worry about, because it dropped for no reason after 1.5 months. I cycled the tank for one month prior to adding the betta in November. the ph held the same count that it began with in October from the tap water of 7.4-7.6. After 1.5 months, January, no severe water change, no high ammonia or nitrites, boom it dropped to 6.5-7. I wouldn't worry except, I feel it would keep going, and that would not be healthy. I don't want to use chemicals, been down that road another time. Just trying to understand variables of what might have caused a severe drop at this time. So, I can correct it. C02? Minerals to test for? I am open to any suggestions that anyone might have. Thanks so much.

first do a PWC to see if that makes a difference. test your tap water to see if the ph changed. Maybe your test reagent is getting old and giving false readings.

Back
Top Bottom