Is 3-weeks enough to quarantine fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In all other aspects, does it seem okay, eating swimming around well?

It eats everything I put in the tank, most of the time it just swims around, standstill and then swims around again, the guy I got the fish from said that it has done that for one year, his water quality was very low, and he did not have the time to clean the tank, or feed the fish.

You would need to make the decision on your own but as long as it looks good I would add him. You can buy the anti-parasite flake food and treat the whole tank for parasites if it seems it spreads.

It is probably the bad conditions lead him to illness and as mentioned will likely live a shorter life than if he hadn't been neglected. But he would have a better life now with your care!

You would need to make the decision on your own but as long as it looks good I would add him. You can buy the anti-parasite flake food and treat the whole tank for parasites if it seems it spreads.

I will give it one more week then i will put them all over, just to be on the safe side.
I cant buy medesin in denmark, becures off a new rule the government placed, but I can buy it from Amazon what medicine you describe it's not available any places and also ship to Denmark :( let's just hope that I don't gonna need it.

Let's hope it isn't needed.

Sounds like a good plan and here is a link on fish food with medicine. Maybe they can ship it to you.

There are 3 versions - you can read a little about each dewormer medication.
I have used the fenbendazole flakes with good outcome.

https://angelsplus.com/collections/fish-flake-food/products/medicated-deworming-flakes

They do not deliver to Denmark,
the only medication I am able to get in my country is those in this link I found
https://www.amazon.de/s?k=API+Genera...ref=nb_sb_noss

It's from the company API , do you guys have any experience with that? I'm just when should I be able to put them in my main tank?

Fin and Body Cure
medications Active Ingredient: 250 mg Doxycycline Hyclate per packet.

API General Cure
medication active ingredients: Active Ingredients: 500 mg Metronidazole and 150 mg Praziquantel per teaspoon.

So since the General Cure has the Praziquantel which is good to treat parasites and Metronidazole also used for parasitic and bacterial infections, I would go with that one.

Make sure to follow medication directions,
use the appropriate amount of dosage
and use for the time required.

Fin and Body Cure
medications Active Ingredient: 250 mg Doxycycline Hyclate per packet.

API General Cure
medication active ingredients: Active Ingredients: 500 mg Metronidazole and 150 mg Praziquantel per teaspoon.

So since the General Cure has the Praziquantel which is good to treat parasites and Metronidazole also used for parasitic and bacterial infections, I would go with that one.

Make sure to follow medication directions,
use the appropriate amount of dosage
and use for the time required.

Thanks for sharing the information, I have ordered some API General Cure hopefully it will help my fish =)

Back
Top Bottom