Is green wet foam aquarium safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LS240

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking to build a 3D background and I've got lots of that green wet foam used for plants laying about and that would save me a good deal of money if I could use it. It's a 135 gallon so it will take quite a bit of foam. Anyways, is that stuff aquarium safe? It most likely would not be totally sealed off what with the filter being placed behind it so water will need to get back there, thus anything in the foam that can get in the water will.

Thanks for any advice!

Not sure, but doesn't that break down real easy wants its wet? I'd stick with a 8x4' sheet of the white stuff at home depot. It is only 20 bucks I did my whole 180 gallon and had enough to do another smaller tank.

Thanks for the reply! That's definitely a cheaper way to do it than the hobby stores. I called Lowe's and Home Depot and neither has plain white foam, but both have white foam with reflective foil background and pink or blue insulation foam. Are either of these products viable?

Thanks! I managed to find some plain unlined white foam at Sutherlands last night though. 18 bucks for a 2" 4x8 sheet. Plus free popcorn lol.

Back
Top Bottom