is hydor the only inline heater option?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lscotty

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was looking at getting a heater for my tank since it is going to start cooling down outside soon and was thinking of an inline heater. After a google search all I could find was hydor inline heaters. Are they really the only ones making them? Or am I blind and missed something? They seem to get a lot of good reviews but I dont really like not having any other options of inline heaters to choose from. My tank is 140 gallons so I'd most likely need 2 of them from what ive been reading.

I have the Rena smart heater on my 90 worked ok the first couple of months, now it's just seems to be on constantly, also I heard they stopped making them but I could be wrong

Thanks. The rena looks interesting seems to have mixed reviews. I don't know if it would work with how my intake is setup. Does it have to be in the tank on the intake to work correctly? Or could it be put inline in the tank stand like the hydor? I'm surprised there aren't more options for inline heaters. Makes me wonder why other companies don't have something like it.

Back
Top Bottom