Is it diatoms or cyano and what's the best and easiest way to clean it up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
150 overflow with 55g sump w built I. Fuge. Pumps are about 600gph together. One blue filter pad and active carbon. Lights on 10 he's a day. Lights are 3 taotronics dimmables. At 69% white. 10% blue. All params are zero. Switched from oceanic to instant ocean. Slowly 10 g a week.. Anything else?

what are you using to export nutrients? I see a filter pad and carbon, lights, sump is there a skimmer?

Yes. I forgot about the skimmer.. And I keep the temp up to 78-80.. And lots of live rock rubble in my sump..

I like to go with a skimmer atleast double the size of the tank. I would just do a lot of big water changes over and over and over. You have to pound the nitrates down with water changes it could take several months because the rock can absorb and continue leaching it

I run carbon change once a month. 30 g wc each week. In building a phos reactor tonight. And yes I have a light in my sump. That's the worst. Algae and cyano really bad in there.

Well at least you have it growing mostly in your sump. That's half the point of pointing a light in there. The phosphate reactor will help in sure as cyano is a nutrient issue. Cut back feeding, siphon cyano out before/during water changes, large water changes with ro/di...or ro if best you can get your best.

Back
Top Bottom