Is it okay/ normal for my beta to be forming white patches on his head?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Its_Janeneja

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi people's of aquarium advice,

I have been scouring the web to find the answer to why my Beta would be forming white patches on his head and back, and can't seem to find an answer.

He is eating well, very active, and seems generally happy. He lives in a 30L tank that is filtered and heated accordingly. He does share his tank with a sailfin pleco, and they are super chilled with each other. The tank gets a water top up weekly and gets a 30% water replacement every 2 weeks.

I have attached a photo of him with his white capped head. It started out as what I thought was maybe a scratch, but it's just getting bigger.

any one know why this is happening?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 67
Hi, welcome - perhaps it was a scratch off some ornament but it sounds like a bacterial/fungal secondary infection now (especially as spreading).

white patch betta

bettas change color as do goldfish . if it is not the case it could possibly be an infection.

It looks more like an infected wound than anything else ( especially if it is growing.) If it continues to get worse, you will need to put him into a hospital tank of some sort and medicate to kill off the infection.

Back
Top Bottom