Is it safe/ benficial to add multivitamin to tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, you could try getting a product that raises GH, like Seachem's Equilibrium, but it's not cheap. Finding out where the water comes from is not hard. I assume the softener is in the basement, maybe the garage if you don't have a basement ? Find it.. then look for the water pipe that is supplying water to it. It will come from the wall or the floor or maybe even the ceiling. Once you find that pipe, check to see if any pipe is attached to it before it goes into the softener machine. If there is, that's your hose, and it's not attached to the softener.
Or ask your Dad, he probably knows if the hose is connected to the softener or not.

I don't live with my dad but I know he has a water softener system in his house . I'm 23

So you're old enough to check the basement and find out where the water comes in. If you were ten and scared of the basement, like I was at that age, I could understand that.

Adding calcium will no doubt help but all that sodium is not good for the snails, I believe. Find out if the hose is well water only. It's not rocket science. They're just big tanks with pipes coming in and pipes coming out, that are not hot water tanks. Usually near where the hot water tank is, or where the water pipe enters the house.

Even if the basement is totally finished, you should still be able to not only find the softener, it might be in a closet or behind a barrier, but once you find it, should not be too hard to figure out where the intake pipe is, and whether the intake pipe has any other pipe leading from it before it attaches to the water softener. If it does, you are good, that will be the the pipe going to the hose tap.

Ok ... I will try figure that out when I get home I do have sensitive taste so I could try taste hose water a d house wter and see if its different lol

Well I can't figure out the pipes so ill just drink house water the the hose water and see if its different

I know what're us different due to nasty taste ... And has slight metallic taste but all water from a hose does

Back
Top Bottom