Is my angelfish sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bria7311

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My angelfish has black spots on his body (see photo). I know there is a “black spot disease” however, I do not think it looks like what I have. Please let me know if I should be concerned or if this colouring is normal. Thank you in advance.

I apologize for the photo orientation.

Attachments

• 5586E725-529C-4071-9C2E-20D935AE0931.jpg
    5586E725-529C-4071-9C2E-20D935AE0931.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 43
If the spots are pits, your Angel is in trouble. If the markings are just spots & the Angel is eating and otherwise acting normally, likely no worries.

Is the water parameters set for Angelfish?

Are there any other fish which light be stressing it out, do you have hiding places?

Did you add this new one and you ALREADY had some Angels in the tank?

Those look like natural color spots. They are common in Zebra Angelfish varieties. If this were black spot disease ( a.k.a. Black ick) you would see the spots raised higher than the skin level. Look down on the fish from above or look across the fish from the face back to the tail or the tail back to the face and see if these spots are raised. If they are not, it's not black spot disease. (y)

My fish had the same on the skin, and later it turned out that it was a black spot disease

Back
Top Bottom