Is my BTA dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bugarte1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey can someone tell me if my BTA is dying ? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391652389.861734.jpg
Lights are off in the tank. Also my ricordea mushroom is doing the same thing. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391652576.670655.jpg

If it's closed like the first pic regularly, I wouldn't worry to much.... Mine does that all the time. When I did lose my first nem it looked like a drooping slime of a nem. If that happens take it out ASAP. However I have read that some nems come back from near death and major bleaching.

If it's closed like the first pic regularly, I wouldn't worry to much.... Mine does that all the time. When I did lose my first nem it looked like a drooping slime of a nem. If that happens take it out ASAP. However I have read that some nems come back from near death and major bleaching.

Yea everyday mine looked drooping slime but then it comes back at night I'll send some pics when I get home later. Don't know if I should take it out or not. It still looks like it's fighting for it's life. I just wish it would bounce back.

Whenever something in the tank like my cleaner shrimp touches the BTA it shrivels up and throws out flesh from his mouth. But then a couple hours later it comes back and looks ok.

And it only does that when the shrimp touches it or if I put my hand in the tank

Hmmmm.... I'd key an eye out for if. If it starts to shrink a lot that's another bad sign.

Hmmmm.... I'd key an eye out for if. If it starts to shrink a lot that's another bad sign.

It does shrink every other day but then when I turn the lights off and wake up the next day it looks ok and then some days it's stretched out trying to get light looking a lot better then it goes back to shrinking. I just don't know anymore. I feel bad for it is there anything I can do to help it ?

Back
Top Bottom