How are my plants doing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There looks to be some nutrient deficiency on one of the photos and you are getting some algae growth. I cant really tell if there are holes in the leaf, but there is a slight yellowish colour that could be nitrogen deficiency.

Are you using any fertiliser? What are your water parameters? Particularly nitrate.

Turning down the lighting might help with both the nutrient deficiency and algae growth. Its possible the plant growth is exceeding the available nutrients, lowering the light will reduce growth rate and need for nutrients, but the growth albiet slower will be healthier. And less light will help with the algae growth.

The java moss looks like it is trapping detritus which is a nutrient source for algae growth.

How long have you had the plants? It could just be the plants transitioning from emersed to submerged growth. Look for the health of new growth rather than old original growth.

There looks to be some nutrient deficiency on one of the photos and you are getting some algae growth. I cant really tell if there are holes in the leaf, but there is a slight yellowish colour that could be nitrogen deficiency.

Are you using any fertiliser? What are your water parameters? Particularly nitrate.

Turning down the lighting might help with both the nutrient deficiency and algae growth. Its possible the plant growth is exceeding the available nutrients, lowering the light will reduce growth rate and need for nutrients, but the growth albiet slower will be healthier. And less light will help with the algae growth.

The java moss looks like it is trapping detritus which is a nutrient source for algae growth.

How long have you had the plants? It could just be the plants transitioning from emersed to submerged growth. Look for the health of new growth rather than old original growth.
Okay I have turned down the light I'm using SeaChem fertilizer

Back
Top Bottom