Is my guppy fry setup ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteelersFan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For the last few weeks, I have been wanting to breed guppies. I know a pet store that will give me store credit for them so I will not be keeping any of them. I set up a 10 gallon bare bottom tank with a heater, 13 watt fluorescent light for guppy grass, and a sponge filter. Is there anything you would recommend for me to add to make it any better? My plan is to keep the adult guppies in my 14 gallon until the females get pregnant, then put the female in the 10 gallon until she has the fry, then put her back in the 14 gallon. Once the fry get big enough, I will put them in my 38 gallon tank until they get big enough to go to the pet store.

Maybe some tall fake plants for hiding but fine do fine staying in tank with other fish lol not eve dwarf gourami eat them

Once the guppy grass grows a bit, you won't need any other plants, certainly not fake ones. Given a bit of time, you'll be taking out guppy grass that's overgrown. I'd say you are fine as is.

I ordered a golf ball clump of guppy grass and ill let it fill half my tank before I get the guppies. Haven't started the tank cycling yet because my sponge filter shipping is taking forever:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom