Is my guppy sick and if so what is it please??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leannaby

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I'm a little worried about my female guppy.. She has her fry almost a week ago and since I noticed that her tail seems to be dropping down so that the top of her body looks likes it's curbing.. Her colour seemed to fade.. I separated her from my main tank and the other females and males so she could have a rest. Can anybody help with what us wrong with her.. Thanks ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399065099.392801.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399065141.615757.jpg

She has beautiful markings.

Quarantining with clean water was a great move! I hope she pulls through for you.

As for not eating, try frozen brine shrimp or frozen daphnia. Most LFS carry these and fish usually love them.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with more ideas!

I've tried her with blood worms as they are her favourite but she wasn't interested.. Maybe she just needs a break from the males hopefully

She is beautiful!

Do you know her age? I'm asking because my females do the same thing when they have reached their senior age - they no longer mate, they get droopy tails because they tire easily, don't eat much because they are not birthing and look very thin. They also look very pale, I suppose it has to do with lack of hormones because they are no longer fertile. Sometimes they live for a couple of months, just lounging around. Oh, and they have ZERO patience for randy males! :) Does any of this sound like what she is doing?

She looked mature when I got her so maybe this is the reason.. Her tail Is definitely drooping down.. I think I'll keep her separated altogether to let her enjoy her retirement years

I have read alot of topics lately about livebearers becoming sick during/after pregnancy. She might just be exhausted and stressed out from having the fry and like you said "she just needs a break" She looks beautiful though!

There doesn't seem to be any sickness signs i can see from the picture (e.g white spots, sores, bloat ness, etc) so i would say keep an eye on her in the QT tank until she's eating and she's happy and then put her back into her home tank ;)

Good luck and i hope she gets better real soon!

Back
Top Bottom