is my midas still adjusting or is this how he will be

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
hes only a week old but he has never gone near my rock or perched on the rocks either, which i was hoping he would

he always sits on the left corner and swims a bit but never explores past that corner and left side of the tank. He had issues with my clownfish being aggressive but they no longer nip at each other

He is perfectly yellow, and looks healthy, eats, maybe eats too agressively and scares the clownfish. I wanted to pick up another fish today but im worried that the blenny is still adjusting

ive never heard of them just perching themselves on sand, its disappointing he wont swim through the entire tank, :/. I luv him but he isnt showing the personality i was expecting

It could take a while before he's completely comfortable and his personality comes out, especially if he was at odds with the clown part of the first week. I would wait on another fish for a week or so.

i moved one of my live rocks to give him hiding and this is how he sleeps now lol
img_2223177_0_61d2cbeb352f8dd62787fb1edb756f95.jpg

Your Midas observations are quite different from mine. I think my clown is the most dominant eater in my tank, and my Midas the second. Since day one, my Midas usually hides inside a rock to the point only his face is showing. It doesn't really swim around and explore the tank the way my wrasse or my angelfish does, but he will swim around at times especially when I'm near the tank. He did however find a second place that he will perch upon and allows a fire shrimp to service him.
But I don't think your Midas' tendencies are odd. That's how the dude is.

Back
Top Bottom