Is my tank full?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scouser

Aquarium Advice Addict
Feel like I'm poring more threads these days than when I started lol.

Anyways I have a 17 gal tank that houses:

7 neon tetra (was 8 but 1 vanished over the last 2 days)

3 glow light tetra

1 female honey gourami (assuming its female from what ive read lol)

And 1 assassin snail.

Anyways I wanted to add maybe 3-4 new glow light tetra to boost the school and maybe another female HG (probably tank is too small?)

Anyways I'd appreciate any help you guys can give

:thanks:

Ya, if you added to the glows school, i think youd be full. Maybe put in some shrimp or other small bottom feeder though

I was thinking of shrimp too. I decided against ghosts though. Amano shrimp grow slightly larger and a more decorated so better to look at. They seem to be better for keeping the tank clean too. The problem is they can be harder to get.

Fallen Icarus said:
I was thinking of shrimp too. I decided against ghosts though. Amano shrimp grow slightly larger and a more decorated so better to look at. They seem to be better for keeping the tank clean too. The problem is they can be harder to get.

Actually these are the only shrimp my LFS has a nice supply off lol :)

Send a a couple over to me. I'd be glad of them. My lfs takes forever to get anything you ask for them.

Fallen Icarus said:
Send a a couple over to me. I'd be glad of them. My lfs takes forever to get anything you ask for them.

Hahaha I would if I could!

But I'd be too attached and end up keeping em all :/

So would 3 glowies and like 4 shrimp be cool?

My honey would fancy a snack will she?

Amano are scavengers so your first will be safe and the Amano shrimp can grow to 2 inches so they won't be eaten by your fish. Amano also do little or no damage to plants so they will be safe. A couple of neons and shrimp won't make a huge difference. Personally I would add a couple of each.

Fallen Icarus said:
Amano are scavengers so your first will be safe and the Amano shrimp can grow to 2 inches so they won't be eaten by your fish. Amano also do little or no damage to plants so they will be safe. A couple of neons and shrimp won't make a huge difference. Personally I would add a couple of each.

Awesome :D

Gonna get the store to quarantine a few for me so I can add em as soon as I buy em.

3 weeks is enough time to QT hopefully cos I want em for my birthday :p

Back
Top Bottom