Is my tank over crowded???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

...joey...

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 240 ltr tank. In it I have
One electric blue lobster
Two leapord plecs about a foot long
Two silver flying fox fish
Two decorated squeeking cat fish
Two glass cat fish
One cory
One rainbow shark
Two silver sharks
Five guppies
One platty
One Chinese algea eater
Two mollies
Four gold barbs
Three green barbs
Three penguin fish
Six glow stick tetras

image-1206842165.jpg

well the general rule of thumb is one inch of fish per gallon of water
I believe 240L is about 63gal so you can have 63inches of fish

63 - your 5 guppies is 58 - 2 leopard plecs (at 12in each) is 34, and so on until you find out if you have space left or have extra fish

well the general rule of thumb is one inch of fish per gallon of water
I believe 240L is about 63gal so you can have 63inches of fish

63 - your 5 guppies is 58 - 2 leopard plecs (at 12in each) is 34, and so on until you find out if you have space left or have extra fish

and just an fyi the inch per gallon rule is generally not a good rule to follow. there are far to many exceptions

Just looking at your pic your Plecos look too big for your tank. Silver Sharks I think we call Bala Sharks another Big Fish, they get a foot also.

Big Fish need large tanks with lots of filtration.

Yes, poorly stocked IMHO.

Once you start stocking a 60 gallon tank with lots of fish that require 60 gallon tanks, you quickly run out of room.

I agree with the others, you are very poorly stocked.

the balas,will get huge, and possibly just eat the guppies, theres a rainbow in there, plus only one cory when you need about 8, and one platy, when youd want around 5. i would rehome everything, and start over and get advice from someone on here who can help you lead a healthy aquarium, where the fish can enjoy it too.

Back
Top Bottom