Is my tank overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HScott

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is this tank overstocked? There’s 5 neons 6 cherry barbs 3 male 3 female, there’s two ghost catfish and a dwarf gourami and 3 dwarf crayfish. It’s a 9gal fluval flex all these fish are new. the guys at the pet store said it’s good but I just wanna know for sure. They seem to get along fine the barbs and neons school and everything eats. The tank is planted with drift wood

The guys from the pet store sold you for business, what you have is very bad, there is incompatibility of species and insufficient space. I suggest choosing between the neon or the ghost catfish, and I think you can keep your cherry barbs but I wouldn't recommend it. Besides returning everything else to the store of course. By the way, neons are delicate fish and they are also school fish, they require a minimum of 10-12 individuals.

What am I able to put in there I would like to keep at least one crayfish but I’m fine with returning the fish if it’s not compatible

To be honest I don't know much about the behavior of these crabs but I know stories about how they can eat fish. So I wouldn't leave them in the tank.

I returned everything and got an adult dwarf puffer. I talked to another guy for awhile and learned a lot of stuff. His family owns the store so he sets up all the tanks and told me he’d been in the hobby for 8 years. I showed him a video of the tank and he agreed that it was overstocked. So thanks for the input I love the puffer his name is Plumley because he’s green and reminds me of the army the way he patrols the tank (sergeant major Plumley from we were soldiers) lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom