Is my tank overstocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raynman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is my 200l tank too crowded?
My fish:
1 Angel
1 bolivian butterfly
1 apistograma
1 pleco
2 blue rams
4 cherry barbs
8 neon tetras

I plan on upgrading to a larger tank in the future but not for a while.

I should add that none of the fish are fully grown.

It depends on the shape of the tank. Those cichlids will need lots of bottom terrify so as long as the tank is sufficiently long enough for them while also being tall enough for the angel you should be good. Just keep an eye out for obvious signs of unhappy fish.

Seems fine to me as long as you have appropriate filtration. Thats 52 gallons so that size of filter or anything larger to about double the flow would work fine.
If anything it almost seems under stocked if the angel and pleco arent very big yet.

It depends on the shape of the tank. Those cichlids will need lots of bottom terrify so as long as the tank is sufficiently long enough for them while also being tall enough for the angel you should be good. Just keep an eye out for obvious signs of unhappy fish.

The tank is 1100mm long and 450mm high. They don't seem to be stressed, there's a bit of bullying but I'm told that's to be expected

Seems fine to me as long as you have appropriate filtration. Thats 52 gallons so that size of filter or anything larger to about double the flow would work fine.
If anything it almost seems under stocked if the angel and pleco arent very big yet.

The filter is plenty big enough, can do up to a 400l tank. Yeah the pleco is only about 3 inches, I'm not sure how you measure an angel lol but it's probably about half grown

Depends on the type of pleco - if that is a full grown common pleco it really should be in a 150 gallon tank....

Back
Top Bottom