Is my tank ready for fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggpaul

Aquarium Advice Activist
I started my Biocube 29 reef tank 6 weeks ago on March 23. Everything is going absolutely perfect. I have about 15 Corals in there right now and they are looking better than they looked at the LFS. Ammonia is 0, Nitrites are 0, and Nitrates were about 5 for a few weeks, but the other day dropped to 0. (I think it's because my Biocube skimmer started finally working, or the 2 dead snails finally got eaten by my hermit crabs).

How long should I wait before I get fish? Is there anything I should wait for ? There is some brown algae on the glass that I clean off every few days. I don't have any hair algae, but some of my rocks have some green color on top, but the snails are hard at work.

Thinking of getting 2 clowns first. should I wait a few more weeks??

Temperature is VERY stable after I figured I need to use a tower fan to cool the tank space. temperature is always between 79-81. I use RO/DI water also.

Your levels look good. Just be sure to gradually increase livestock. Any spike can cause stress to not only the fish, but your 15 coral.

What else are you planning on adding. Clowns can be territorial, and you might want to add any other fish first, depending on what you're getting

+1 with Ingy...you want to go least aggressive/territorial to most aggressive/territorial. If you can plan ahead, things tend to work best. Using the old "getting what you want/see first" can add stress.

Back
Top Bottom