Is Supa Fish Food Okay for Black Moors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.Albiman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I feed my two Black Moor Goldfish 'Supa Fish Food', and was just wondering if any of you knew whether it was any good for them?
It says on the tub 'The superior food for goldfish, all coldwater varieties and tropicals.'
I know about the fact that Fancies shouldn't eat at the surface because of gulping air, but this food sinks so that's not an issue. It hasn't caused any problems yet and they seem to like it so I guess it can't be bad right?
Thanks! :cool:
:fish2:

Attachments

• fish food.jpg
    fish food.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 88
Never seen it. Im in the U.S.
I've used Omega One and Hikari sinking pellets.
Just read the ingredients.
+1 I think it is alright, but I agree that Omega One is great for all types of fish. Just make sure it has a good balance of proteins and nutrients. IMO, I have never seen a food that was BAD for a fish (Just isn't the most nutritious) and there shouldn't be any problems with the one you have.

Definitely switch to a higher quality sinking pellet. I use hikari. Floating pellets and flakes can cause on going swim bladder issues. Also include cooked vegetables in their diet a few times a week.

Thanks everybody! I'll see if I can get a better quality sinking goldfish pellet instead and start feeding fresh vegetables (lettuce, cucumber and such?) a few times a week. :)
:fish2:

Coursair said:
Skinned peas, Romaine, zucchini all good. Slices of Orange are good, but messy. Use a veggie clip or a weight so they don't have to chase the food.

I haven't kept them, but yes, deshelled peas are popular for goldfish and bloated tropical fish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom