Is The Marineland® BioWheel® LED Aquarium Kit Good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RAWRRitsEDWINN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I plan on getting the 29 gallon one. I plan on housing tropical fish and live plants. Would this be good for the plants?

+1^

I guess okay for low-light but either way, it looks pretty sick especially with the night-light leds;) you can always buy led strips off ebay and mount them next to the stock leds on the hood for some DIY lighting making the range of possible plants larger

I got the 55 gallon version back at Christmas. I quickly came to realize I should have just bought all the components seperately. The bio wheel filter that came with my kit is the model 350 with the large wheel. It was REALLY noisy, with lots of water splashing. I used it about three days and ended up ditching it and going with 2 aqua clear 70's. Much quieter. Also, the LED lighting looked awesome, especially the night lights. It was great until I started going with some live plants. They just weren't doing much with the supplied LED hoods. I ended up redoing the canopy with glass and a more plant friendly lighting strip. Just my experience and "for what it's worth" of course.

Meloyelo

The starter kits seem like a bargain, but as mentioned above, I would have been much happier had I purchased my equipment separately. I ended up replacing everything but the tank!:)

I recently bought that very kit a few months ago and have been happy with. Mine came with a biowheel 200 and it is a bit noisy but I don't even hear it unless I'm right next to my tank. The only issue I hade was mine was missing the heater when I opened the box and of course I didn't notice it until I had it on the stand and all the gravel was in it. Petsmart, where I bought it at, took care of me and just had me grab one off the shelf instead of having to bring it all back.

Back
Top Bottom