Is this a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on what you want to keep.
IMO-

Fishes only: should be ok,

corals:
Lights, powerhead, food, sand, bacteria, heater, & the thermometer are all garbage.
(I have used all these before except the food & bacteria).

I would prefer to pick out my own dry rock etc.
Live sand is not necessary.

You could spend the same amount buying separately, (some equipment used or local reefers breakdown), and at least get what you want.

I have a fusion 40 tank and spent the money on the skimmer / reactor & lights. (Im going heavy coral, light on fish).

They are great AIO tanks.

marine depots has a package for this. It comes with skimmer & reactor.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You'll have to change the lighting system to keep corals such as LPS, SPS. Maybe you can grow som softies of mushs with this system.

Also, did you think about protein skimmer ?

You'll be bored quick of your 20g and will want bigger soon, check for setups like 30-50g, custom made... That's my case, and I hope soon I can buy a house and build a giant reef in it.

I think you could do better, the fusions are nice but with an extra 300-400 spent on that kit, you could get better equipment individually for about the same price

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ty everyone I wish I could go bigger but no space and unfortunately will have keep a small one for awhile. I might just buy everything separate like I did my 280 reef :).

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

Ty everyone I wish I could go bigger but no space and unfortunately will have keep a small one for awhile. I might just buy everything separate like I did my 280 reef :).

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

Maybe go with a 30g cube instead rectangular tank ? Cube can do GREAT reefs... Seriously, you'll see, you'll want great corals one day... Just try to get the best when you start... Paying for a cheap light that you'll replace isn't good...

What you need is
- Tank
- Live and/or dead rock
- Optionnal but really usefull RODI unit
- Quality salts (this matter)
- 2x tank size rated Protein skimmer
- Great LED system
- HOB filter
- 2 power heads, or 1 big, (2 is better for ajusting flow)
- Optionnal live sand

- Livestock like fishs, inverts and/or corals.

I got:
20g tank
3x 240GPH powerheads
90g proein skimmer
RODI unit
RedSea Coral Pro salts
Live sand
Live rocks
HOB Fluval C4
R420R 60w lighting sysem <-- very nice

I have owned a reef tank before :). I had a 280 reef for 15 yrs I had to sell it when I moved to my apartment I am in now. I like cubes and don't like them and I planned on upgrading the lights cause I knew they would not support any LPS or a anemone that I plan on getting when the tank is a yr old. Thank you for your input :)

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

And btw you don't need a skimmer if you keep up on water test and water changes I did not have one on my 280 until I got my SPS 3 yrs before I sold it.

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

And btw you don't need a skimmer if you keep up on water test and water changes I did not have one on my 280 until I got my SPS 3 yrs before I sold it.

Yeah you right, with right maintenance schedule you don't need a protein skimmer, but it's worth the price IMO..

In my case I change my reef water 25% per month... There's no algae, so I guess my water is clean... Also protein skimmer is a good add-on, it unlock the ability of carbon dosing..

True lol but than again carbon dosing is great but not needed but my hats off to you doing it

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

Back
Top Bottom