Is this fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfriend09

Aquarium Advice Activist
Long story short i went to spend the night at a friends house and came back today to find half a dozen dead fish so naturally i tested the water quality and it was exactly as it always has been. I have also just noticed my male sailfin molly has something weird happening with one of his side fins. i have added a few photos hopefully you guys can help me out. Thanks =)

If it is find rot i heard that methylene blue can be used as a treatment or along with another treatment, is there truth in that?

Attachments

• Photo0036.jpg
    Photo0036.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Photo0039.jpg
    Photo0039.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 80
unfortunately he didn't make it :(, shame i didnt find out what was wrong, keeping a close eye on my other fishies for the moment but hopefully all should be fine

It looks like an advanced version of what my harlequin rasboras came home with. I lost 5 before I realized what was going on. I treated the tank with Melafix and the 2 that were left and still going strong. I would do the Pimafix and the Melafix though, like i3k said though, just to be safe. It sort of looks like a fingus too, which could be a secondary thing, after a fight.
Sorry about your fish. :(

Sorry for your loss. As mentioned melafix and pimafix would not hurt your tank and might be a good idea. Just incase.

Back
Top Bottom