is this good enough or is it junk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might want to figure out what type of MH bulbs you're getting first. Otherwise it looks like a good product. Normal price.

That company has been around awhile. Should be ok. An electronic ballast would be better but that will be cheaper.

I like 14k bulbs with some actnic suppliment. 10k would work too. I have never tried a 20k though.

i was under the assumption that the lower the kelvin rating, the faster the growth. The higher the rating or more actinics the better the color. But i dont see any rating for the bulbs, but you could always ask

That kit does not come with bulbs, I don't think. Your right on the bulbs though. Most say 6500 Iwaskis are the faster growing bulbs out there. Little yellow though. 10k's are nice as well. I wanted more blue so went for the 14k since growth was not an issue for me. I have read that 20k's are the slowest for growth and are not as intense.

thefishguy, I bought the identical setup from those guys in 175W version. I'm VERY happy with mine. It' an excellent price and the ballasts are very professional, heavy duty types. The surrounding heat sink is well thought out and very effective in dissipating heat. The reflector is the German made, aluminum - excellent quality. Cables a heavy gage and top quality. Their statement on safety is important and accurate. Front side switch is not cheapy junk. Very positive, industrial feel.

For the money - hard to beat them. Get the bulbs too. They'll give you a fair price.

P.S. far more than "good enough". It's seriously heavy duty hardware.

NOTE: I'm not a partner, employee, my sister doesn't work there, etc. I was just impressed with the product and value. Been running for 5 months, flawlessly.

Back
Top Bottom