Is this normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Found this ad on gumtree. There are quite a few like this from the same place. Kind of freaks me out. Surely holding a fish like this is not a good idea?

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

Not to familiar with gum tree Asimov from the colonies those photos immediately make me think of illegal harvesting, I would report it if your able, worst that could happen is they turn out to be legitimate

Gumtree is sort of like Craig's list

I looked at the page, and it seems to be adverts from an established aquarium shop near here.

That doesn't sound to bad then, I guess it was just all the fish in the buckets that looked a little sketchy to me. I have a lfs that will post their incoming deliveries on CL as well as send out emails to customers, by the way how do those prices translate to USD

That doesn't sound to bad then, I guess it was just all the fish in the buckets that looked a little sketchy to me. I have a lfs that will post their incoming deliveries on CL as well as send out emails to customers, by the way how do those prices translate to USD

...would they hold the fish in their hands like that though? That's what I was wondering about. I thought that would be a major stress?

In terms of how much people earn here, 1 Rand and 1 Dollar is more or less the same. But the exchange rate 1 Dollar is more or less 10 Rand.

In other words, buying things from America is hideously expensive!

You are right, handling fish like that is a major stressor and doesn't do their slime coat any favors either, and buying things from America is still hideously expensive even when you live in America

Back
Top Bottom