Is this offer any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since it doesn't say it includes a stand, light, or the live plants that are in the pictures I wouldn't say it's the best. A visio tank at a LFS or aqueon brand tank at Petco when they have a sale is $10. Gravel and rocks could be $15 new. Depending on the decorations for a 10 gallon $20. Filter-$20. The fish he has is about $15 maybe a little more. All of that combined, when bought new, is $70. If they were selling for $50 or less then I'd say it was okay. At least where I live, on CG larger aquariums w/ supplies (70 up to 125) are actually less than people selling 30 gallon FW established tanks. Some people don't realize that used items shouldn't be sold as if they were new retail products.

obscurereef said:
Since it doesn't say it includes a stand, light, or the live plants that are in the pictures I wouldn't say it's the best. A visio tank at a LFS or aqueon brand tank at Petco when they have a sale is $10. Gravel and rocks could be $15 new. Depending on the decorations for a 10 gallon $20. Filter-$20. The fish he has is about $15 maybe a little more. All of that combined, when bought new, is $70. If they were selling for $50 or less then I'd say it was okay. At least where I live, on CG larger aquariums w/ supplies (70 up to 125) are actually less than people selling 30 gallon FW established tanks. Some people don't realize that used items shouldn't be sold as if they were new retail products.

It includes everything that's in the picture.

It's a nice setup and and that person has put a lot of work into it, but I just wouldn't pay $100 for a used 10 gallon. Just hold out on it. I'm negotiating with a guy in my area on Craigslist for his 46 gallon bow front and right now he's at $75. Tank, stand, and a decent amount of equipment. Just wait a while and you'll find a better deal.

Back
Top Bottom