Is this ok for my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul1979

Aquarium Advice Newbie
64 litre tropical tank with interpet pf2 filter. Four large background plants, gravel floor. 8 fancy guppies, two silver mollies, two Dalmatian mollies and two bristle nose plecs water is at 27oC. Does this sound ok all info greatly welcome.

Many thanks
Paul

HI and welcome! That's about 17 US gals and unfortunately it isn't large enough to house all of those fish. Do you have all of those fish now or is this just a suggestion?

If this is a new tank with all of those fish I"m assuming it isn't cycled? You'll want to read up on cycling and what you'll have to do to keep the fish safe, but honestly with all of those fish you're going to have a difficult time keeping on top of water changes to keep the toxin levels down.
I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice
Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

If you don't have those fish yet, I'd re-think your stocking plan.

Thank-you for the help, yes the tank is cycled has been on a fish-less cycle for six weeks now all readings are 0 but nitrate which is 20ppm. I have the guppies already just looking for suggestions for others. The guys look lonely in there.

Back
Top Bottom