Is this too much for what im getting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikejr20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Its a 55 gal tank with hood, lights, and stand. Also included are two HOB filters and some tropical fish. They're asking 275.

Attachments

• image-1879782352.jpg
    image-1879782352.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 72
Well if you get all those plants and decorations I would guess its a good deal. What kind of fish are they?

If it's all in good working order, then it sounds like a good deal. Offer them 250$ and if they don't bite, than pay full price. Must people will deal with you a bit.

In the uk we would pay £300 for a decent tank let alone filters, heaters and stand etc. A 55 here would set you back £3-400 for a shop brought tank. My 95litre cost £100, so I'd take a deal like that over here if there were any.

Well for a price comparison here is a new 55 at petsmart, it doesn't include a filter, but it's brand new and has LEDs.
MARINELAND® 55 Gallon Aquarium/LED Hood/Stand Ensemble - Starter Kits - Aquariums - PetSmart

On that particular setup if I were shopping for one in my area I wouldn't pay more than about $150 for it tops, and preferably $100. There's definitely no way I'd pay close to retail for a used tank though.

I wouldn't factor in the price of the fish or decor, unless you were planning to keep them.

I think it is a great deal. Stands are really expensive and tanks arent cheap. Plus the filters. Good deal.

Back
Top Bottom